- Our employees will have a safe workplace.
We believe that
- All incidents are preventable.
- Whilst management have ultimate accountability, all Employees have responsibility for health and safety.
- Employees have the responsibility to stop any job they believe is unsafe or cannot be continued in a safe manner.
- We will eliminate hazards resulting from the use of drugs and alcohol.
To achieve this we will
- Ensure that no business objective will take priority over health and safety.
- Maintain and continuously improve our Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Proactively identify hazards and unsafe behaviours and take steps to manage them to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Establish controls for drug and alcohol use and, when appropriate, conduct pre-employment and in employment testing.
- Accurately report and learn from our incidents.
- Set targets for improvement and measure, appraise and report on our performance.
- Assess and recognise the health and safety performance of Employees.
- Consult and actively promote participation with Employees to ensure they have the training, skills, knowledge and resources to maintain a healthy and safe workplace.
- Support the safe and early return to work of injured Employees.
- Design, construct, operate and maintain our assets so that they safeguard people and property.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety laws.
- Encourage our business partners and contractors to demonstrate the same commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety performance.